Thursday, May 9, 2013

Don't Worry!

Today I was conducting a Bible study on board one of the cruise ships we visit and before we started one of the guys attending who is from the Dominican Republic told me he was going home in 2 weeks. He needed to go to Walmart to buy a new suit case and was concerned about the cost as well as having enough time to get there and back before he had to be back to work. Well we continued with the Bible study which was taken from Our Daily Bread which is published by RBC Ministries in Grand Rapids, MI. Todays subject was "Don't Worry". We talked about how God had guided and protected the Israelites as they escaped slavery in Egypt. We talked about how God tells us not to worry and how God tells us in Romans 8:31 "If God is for us, who can be against us." After the Bible study my friend left to go to Walmart but returned about 15 minutes later pulling a suit case!!! He had a big smile on his face and told me that as he was leaving the ship someone asked him where he was going so he told them he was going to Walmart to buy a suit case. The other man said he had a suit case he wanted to get rid of and gave it to my friend. It was the perfect size and everything. My friend looked at me after telling me his story and said "Don't worry, God will take care of you!!!" What a cool string of events to see how our God cares for us. After I returned to the office I opened an email from another friend of mine that is having a Bible study this Friday night and asked everyone to read Matthew 6:25-34 so I went to my Bible and read the passage. Guess what it is about... Do Not Worry! I think God is trying to tell me something today.

No comments:

Post a Comment